How To Break In New Baseball Gloves
Baseball Gloves For Women by David Wilson
In the beginning, there was baseball. And, being a typically 'male' sport of the day, baseball equipment was designed and created to accommodate the needs of men. Of course, women's leagues soon followed and wise manufacturers adjusted their product lines to include equipment made especially for women.
Baseball is a game that is enjoyed and played by both men and women. For the most part, the equipment is universal. There is not a great deal of differentiation between bats and balls. There is, however, a need for specialized baseball gloves for women. With women's leagues dominating ball diamonds worldwide, manufacturers have met the demand for women's baseball gloves by modifying their products to accommodate the differences in the physique of all athletes.
Traditional baseball gloves designed for men can burn the palm off of a female athlete catching a speedy fastball. Women relying on men's gloves can experience a nerve-searing crush that sends reflexes into emergency mode, leaving the athlete to instinctively toss off the glove and expose a blistering red and painful tattoo.
Meeting the particular needs of female athletes has required glove makers to alter their designs. Baseball gloves for women must allow the players to exercise their hand and eye coordination to catch the ball, without having so much padding that the ball bounces right out of the mitt. After much trial and error, there is now a wide selection of baseball gloves for women available on the market.
All baseball players need to find the right glove to enhance their playing abilities. The key is in finding the design that best fits the hand. With the right baseball glove, players find that their accuracy and margin for error is greatly decreased. By no means do baseball gloves for women compromise quality or performance. They are simply designed to better accommodate a woman's unique bone structures.
The smaller finger stalls typical to baseball gloves for women allow for greater overall control, and adjustable wrist straps make it possible for women to alter the fit to accommodate for natural fluctuation of fluids in the body. Recognizing the particular physiological needs of women athletes has allowed manufacturers to design equipment specifically suited to meet those needs.
The days when baseball was considered a "man's" sport are, happily, long behind us. That doesn't mean, however, that women have to settle for using men's equipment. Baseball gloves for women allow athletes to play to their best of their abilities, while enjoying optimal comfort.
David Wilson is an author for several online magazines, on recreation and sports and hobbies and recreation subjects.
Article Source: http://www.articlerich.com
How To Break In New Baseball Gloves - external links
- Baseball> "The Balanced Pitching Motion Team">"One Hour Pitching ...
- Baseball and softball pitching clinics.
- Weblog Home
- Trading Card Central - the resource for sports and non-sports ...
- Resources for sports and non-sports trading card collectors. Includes hobby news,
articles, box breaks, product reviews, forums and more.
- Soft Glove: breaking in a baseball gloves - first baseball glove ...
- Sales of Softglove, which accelerates the break in process, conditions the glove
and protects against moisture.
- Baseball pitching machines & baseball radar guns. New & unusual ...
- Baseball equipment and tips for players, coaches, and parents.
- The Sandalady Baseball Glove Repair and Baseball Glove Conditioner
- Tips on choosing, buying, breaking in, and caring for baseball gloves.
- Baseball Musings
- Weblog written by a statistics guru who used to work for ESPN.
- University of Massachusetts - Official Athletic Site - Baseball
- Official site includes news, schedule, roster, and statistics.
- Baseball Gloves by Katz
- Broken in baseball and softball gloves by glovesmith Dave Katz.
- Vintage Baseball Gloves & Mitts for Sale by Bruce Rodgers
- Used gloves, some dating to the 1920s, with photographs and description of each