Tips For Improving Your Baseball Game by Robert Michael
Because baseball is game of skill, the top athlete isn't always the better baseball player, especially if he or she doesn't possess the multitude of skills that can help them become a complete player. Baseball is a game of throwing, fielding, pitching, catching, base running, and hitting. To improve all of these areas, you must practice using drills. However, practices can be fast, jumping from one drill to another. As a player, you must always focus on getting the most out of every drill session. Don't just "go through the motions" as you will develop bad habits. Don't just go through the drills to get as many opportunities as you can. You have to focus on getting quality out of your drills. Focus on getting top form with as many opportunities you get while in practice. The following information will provide you some tips to keep in mind while you drill that will help you improve your game
Tip 1: Throwing the ball
Grip the ball with your index finger and middle along the long seams of the baseball with your thumb underneath to give support. When you throw square up your shoulders with your target, move towards the target and throw with a � arm action. Remember to follow through.
Tip 2: Fielding the ball
Make sure you have good balance by having your feet spread and get down. You don't want the ball to go between your legs. Always have your glove in front so you can block the ball and see it go into the glove. Bring the ball up to your midsection and throw.
Tip 3: Catching Fly Balls
If you're in the outfield and want to be striding towards your target, you want to be behind the ball. First, you can see the ball and secondly, you can quickly get into your stride to throw to your target. Furthermore, catch the ball above your shoulder with a bend in your elbow. That will help cushion the catch.
Tip 4: Batting Stance
Generally, you want a parallel stance with your feet shoulder width apart. Your toes should be pointed inward slightly. This will help your balance. Look at the pitcher with your head level.
Tip 5: Pitching
Focus on consistent strikes with good mechanics. This will reduce the changes or arm injury. Don't throw each pitch with the same speed. Keep the batter confused and their timing off. Learn to locate the ball inside, outside, up and down. Learn to get late movement in your pitches.
Tip 6: Base running
You always want to run in a manner to give yourself the best chance for top speed. For instance, if running more than one base, time your steps so you hit the base with your right foot as you get less arc and can keep a more consistent stride losing less speed towards the next base.
Although these tips are the tip of the iceberg when it comes to skills for playing baseball, they will help in your effort in becoming the complete baseball player.
Robert Michael is a writer for Fau Baseball which is an excellent place to find baseball links, resources and articles. For more information go to: http://www.faubaseball.com
Article Source: http://www.articlerich.com
Baseball Gear - external links
- Kelley USA Baseball
- Pitching Machine, Baseball Equipment and Baseball Training ...
- Offers batting training aids, baseball pitching machines, batting tutor, catch
nets, baseball related gifts, autographed baseballs and bats.
- Athletics, Basketball Equipment, Baseball Equipment, Sports ...
- Represents institutional products for athletic, recreational, physical education
programs and equipment and uniforms. USA.
- Hit! Run! Score! Discount Sporting Goods, Sports Equipment ...
- Offers a selection of balls and gear for baseball, softball and football along
with fan apparel.
- The Batter's Box - Baseball and Softball Sporting Goods
- Discount sporting goods specializing in baseball and softball. Carries bats,
gloves, bat bags, catchers and umpires equipment.
- Baseball pitching machines & baseball radar guns. New & unusual ...
- Baseball equipment and tips for players, coaches, and parents.
- Baseball Softball Bats, Mitts, and Gear
- Offers baseball and softball bats, cleats, mitts and accessories from Worth,
Demarini, Easton, Mizuno, and Miken.
- Custom Team Uniforms Sporting Goods Custom Corporate Apparel and ...
- Sporting goods equipment, team uniforms, and sports' corporate apparel available.
Includes online shopping.
- Baseball equipment, softball equipment, umpire equipment, gloves ...
- Supplier of baseball and softball equipment, umpire gear, accessories and apparel.
- SoftBall and BaseBall Equipment
- Offers softball and baseball equipment, accessories, training aids, protective
gear, videos, and full lines of clothing.
- Rolay Orient Textiles Co.,Ltd.
- Rolay Orient Textiles Co.,Ltd.,is specialized in producing all kinds of hats and caps and other different items (scarf, earmuff, gloves, flags , bags.
- Baseball Bats for Adult & Youth
- Baseball Bats for all ages. Little leagur on up Baseball Bats.
- Homegrown Sporting Goods - Custom Sports Uniforms
- We offer a wide variety of baseball uniforms including baseball jerseys, pants, socks, belts and more. We also offer custom jersey options
- JKL clothing corporate work wear
- An online sports equipment and clothing company, supplying a range of sportswear and leisure products including sports goods, school uniform, workwear and swimwear. JK Leisure is an online supplier and manufacturer of sports equipment and clothing.
- Snowboards and Snowboarding Equipment
- Boardzone.com - One stop online shopping for snowboards snowboard equipment and other snowboarding products.
- Authentic Signed Sports
- Secure Shopping Site for Unique, Rare, & Vintage Autographed & Unsigned Sports Memorabilia & Sports Collectibles authenticated by Steiner Sports, James Spence (JSA), Upper Deck, or PSA/DNA.
- KeyMan Collectibles
- Find information on vintage, and modern day baseball memorabilia, get tips on caring for your valued collectibles. Authenticate, price guide, dates, and more.
- Baseball Bats and Gloves
- Your online baseball/softball superstore. We carry bats, gloves, catchers gear, and baseball accessories from all the major brands.
- Wave One Sports Rugby Shirts
- Wave One Sports supplies custom team uniforms for lacrosse and field hockey including Under Armour and Warrior Lacrosse uniforms.
- Basketball Practice
- For coaches, a basketball practice drill with an emphasis on developing proper spacing and teaching players. If you want to learn how to coach shooting, visit us and stay tuned for more ideas and suggestions.
- Homerun Junkie
- HomerunJunkie.Com - Offers baseball and softball and volleyball uniforms and equipment such as bats, gloves, apparel and Jugs Pitching Machines. Top manufacturers include Jugs, Demarini, Louisville Slugger, Mizuno, Schutt, Promounds