Baseball Equipment Texas
Discount Baseball Bats by Barbara Moore
Everyone loves to save money, but compromising quality and your personal performance for the sake of a saving a little cash just doesn't make sense.
For many athletes, choosing discount baseball bats can be a strike out.
This is not to say that you can't find a deal on a good quality bat. Just make sure you're buying the best when you buy discount baseball bats. It's entirely possible to get the same quality and top-notch selection from a discount wholesale or online vendor, as you would find at an expensive sporting goods store or specialty shop. The key for consumers is to be able to acknowledge quality bats among the sea of so-so equipment available on the market.
Buying a baseball bat is a very personal process. You need to give your choice of bat the same consideration that you would when choosing golf clubs. The bat you choose should be the right fit for your particular arm length, grip, height and style of swing. You wouldn't pick a driver at random and expect to march up to the tee and land a hole-in-one. You would make sure that your driver has the right feel to meet your sweet spot and help you land the ball at 300 yards. The same rule holds true for baseball bats. You want the bat that will let you step up to the plate and drive the ball right over the center field fence.
Aside from your personal requirements, consider the barrel size of the discount baseball bats you're shopping for. The barrel size involves the top part of the bat, and incorporates measurements of both the barrel diameter and the barrel length. A longer barrel will help you find your sweet spot on the bat. The general rule of thumb is; a longer barrel delivers a larger sweet spot. However, common practice shows that many players tend to choose bats with smaller barrels and a lighter weight to provide a faster swing speed. Standard bats have a diameter of about 2.5 inches. Standard fast pitch softball barrels are slightly bigger, at about 2.75 inches.
The second measurement of importance in choosing a bat is the taper, or the diameter of the bat at its handle. A typical baseball bat has a taper of 31/32 of an inch. This size varies, nonetheless, depending on the weight of the bat. Some players claim that a narrower taper on a lighter bat allows them to rotate their wrists faster, while others insist that a bigger taper helps lessen the pain when your sweet spot doesn't connect with the ball.
Shopping for discount baseball bats doesn't necessarily mean compromising quality. You can indeed find a good deal on a great bat. Just be aware of what you're looking for and make sure the bat comes from a known manufacturer.
Barbara Moore contributes to several web magazines, on recreation tips and sports and hobbies themes.
Article Source: http://www.articlerich.com
Baseball Equipment Texas - external links
- BASEBALL-LINKS.COM: Youth Baseball
- Collection of links to baseball related sites.
- Voice Talent, Broadcast Audio Production and Video Post Production ...
- Non-union voiceover professionals creating broadcast audio for radio and tv
commercials, Internet, CD-ROMs, on-hold presentations and more for advertising ...
- Batting Cages, Inc. - Baseball & Softball Nets and Training Equipment
- Sells batting cages, baseball nets, l screens, pitching machines, and other
netting products for backyard and commercial use.
- Athletics, Basketball Equipment, Baseball Equipment, Sports ...
- Represents institutional products for athletic, recreational, physical education
programs and equipment and uniforms. USA.
- Past Time Sports makes leather football helmets, antique baseball ...
- Exact and scaled-down replicas of 1920s, 30s & 40s helmets, baseball gloves,
soccer balls and clothing.
- Most Valuable Player Award on Baseball Almanac
- Researches every recipient of the Most Valuable Player Award and does a complete
- Baseball Almanac : The Official Baseball History Site
- Features awards, statistics, records, quotes, feats, facts, and history.
- Jackson Sporting Goods
- On-line sales of sporting goods for baseball, softball, basketball, soccer, football.
- Living in Austin Texas - Moving to Austin - Visiting ...
- Baseball - Texas Christian University Horned Frogs - Official ...
- Official site includes news, schedule, roster, and statistics.