Franklin Baseball Batting Gloves
Wood Baseball Bats Versus Aluminum Baseball Bats by Michael Shapiro
Whether you are part of the Little Leaguers, Senior Leaguers, college student's league or professionals, when it comes to baseball, the big questions that pops up is what kind of baseball bat you will use. And, if you really are a baseball player, you definitely know that the discussion is between aluminum bats and wood baseball bats.
One important piece of information you should know is that, in softball, little and senior league and college baseball, most of the bats are made up of aluminum. And yet, when it comes to professional baseball, players say that wood baseball bats are a must. You are now probably wondering what you should choose between these two baseball bat types. And that is why we are here, to discuss the pros and the cons of each type.
Nowadays, baseball bats can be purchased for as low as $25, but you can also buy more expensive $500 bats. A professional player will not choose a bat according to its price, and it all boils down to how he "feels" it. In the professional league, only wood bats are used, and Major League Baseball does not even allow corked bats. Most of the bats are made of ash, but maple, bamboo and hickory are also choices for baseball bats. Lately, more and more players gave up to hickory bats, as they are much heavier than the rest of the woods. Many are now opting for maple bats. Maple baseball bats are increasingly more popular because of its hardness and durability.
Some players also say that they prefer wood baseball bats because of the traditional look and feel. The sound made when the bat hits the ball is vastly different. They say a "crack" sounds way better than the "ping" sound of an aluminum bats hitting the ball.
But aluminum baseball bats are very popular too. They are often seen in all the different baseball leagues, except the professional ones. Why is this? Well, simply because a ball hit with an aluminum bat gets more speed. But this is a positive thing you might say. In fact things are not exactly like that. Due to the fact that they are lighter, a greater distance of the ball can now be achieved with less batter strength. And due to that, several players were injured. Due to the fierceness of the rebound of the aluminum bat, the reaction time of the pitchers is smaller. To prove this, in 1970, when aluminum baseball bats were firstly introduced, the batting average rose 30 points, and home run hits doubled. The game is simply not the same with lighter bats made from aluminum or other materials.
Overall though, buying a baseball bat is a personal decision. You'll definitely want to go with a baseball bat manufacturer that offers lots of customization so you can build the baseball bat most suitable to your size, weight, height and strength. Many also prefer to choose their colors and add a signature but few bat manufacturers allow such customization and personalization due to manufacturing cost factors. So if you are not a professional baseball player, you simply choose the baseball bat that suits you best.
By Michael Shapiro for http://www.baseball-bats-hq.com Why settle for a regular bat when you can customize your own baseball bat? Choose from a selection of maple bats, ash bats, and fungo bats.
Article Source: http://www.articlerich.com
Franklin Baseball Batting Gloves - external links
- Philadelphia Phillies News
- News on the Philadelphia Phillies continually updated from thousands of sources
around the net.
- Level One Sports - Easton & Louisville slugger - Cap barbell ...
- Offers a wide selection of ball games, fitness and boxing equipment.
- Baseball Johns Hopkins Blue Jays - The Official Athletic Site for ...
- Official baseball site with news, schedule, roster and statistics.
- Chicago Tribune news : Opinion
- Editorial and opinions from The Tribune: Requires Registration.
- Buy Baseball Equipment, baseball bats, baseballs, baseball gloves ...
- Offers baseball products, including memorabilia, bats, balls and team wear.
- Tacoma Baseball
- Team links, maps, coaching, schedules, tournaments, weather, articles, books,
- Futile Attempt
- A comprehensive review of superstitions world-wide plus some possible origins.
- Dominican College Women's Softball
- Chargers. A calendar of upcoming games, past results, roster and records.
- Pacific Coast League Teams - Baseball-Reference.com
- Information and user reviews on the stadium for each team.
- Moon Area HS Baseball - Mav Brothers Inc.
- Includes news, results, schedule, roster and links.