Louisville Tpx Baseball Gloves
Baseball Gloves For Women by David Wilson
In the beginning, there was baseball. And, being a typically 'male' sport of the day, baseball equipment was designed and created to accommodate the needs of men. Of course, women's leagues soon followed and wise manufacturers adjusted their product lines to include equipment made especially for women.
Baseball is a game that is enjoyed and played by both men and women. For the most part, the equipment is universal. There is not a great deal of differentiation between bats and balls. There is, however, a need for specialized baseball gloves for women. With women's leagues dominating ball diamonds worldwide, manufacturers have met the demand for women's baseball gloves by modifying their products to accommodate the differences in the physique of all athletes.
Traditional baseball gloves designed for men can burn the palm off of a female athlete catching a speedy fastball. Women relying on men's gloves can experience a nerve-searing crush that sends reflexes into emergency mode, leaving the athlete to instinctively toss off the glove and expose a blistering red and painful tattoo.
Meeting the particular needs of female athletes has required glove makers to alter their designs. Baseball gloves for women must allow the players to exercise their hand and eye coordination to catch the ball, without having so much padding that the ball bounces right out of the mitt. After much trial and error, there is now a wide selection of baseball gloves for women available on the market.
All baseball players need to find the right glove to enhance their playing abilities. The key is in finding the design that best fits the hand. With the right baseball glove, players find that their accuracy and margin for error is greatly decreased. By no means do baseball gloves for women compromise quality or performance. They are simply designed to better accommodate a woman's unique bone structures.
The smaller finger stalls typical to baseball gloves for women allow for greater overall control, and adjustable wrist straps make it possible for women to alter the fit to accommodate for natural fluctuation of fluids in the body. Recognizing the particular physiological needs of women athletes has allowed manufacturers to design equipment specifically suited to meet those needs.
The days when baseball was considered a "man's" sport are, happily, long behind us. That doesn't mean, however, that women have to settle for using men's equipment. Baseball gloves for women allow athletes to play to their best of their abilities, while enjoying optimal comfort.
David Wilson is an author for several online magazines, on recreation and sports and hobbies and recreation subjects.
Article Source: http://www.articlerich.com
Louisville Tpx Baseball Gloves - external links
- Louisville Slugger Museum Gift Shop
- Personalized Louisville Slugger baseball bat from the Louisville Slugger Museum
and factory. Signature, team logo, and commemorative bats also available.
- . . LOUISVILLE SLUGGER . 2006 . .
- Setting new records - Winning Championships.
- Pacific Coast League Teams - Baseball-Reference.com
- Information and user reviews on the stadium for each team.
- University of Virginia - Official Athletic Site - Softball
- Complete coverage of the Virginia Cavaliers Softball team includes scores,
statistics, and news.
- Baseball Softball Bats, Mitts, and Gear
- Offers baseball and softball bats, cleats, mitts and accessories from Worth,
Demarini, Easton, Mizuno, and Miken.
- Welcome to Batter's Choice Sports Equipment ...
- Baseball pro shop with low prices and fair shipping.
- CIS Sports Louisville Slugger Baseball, Softball and PowerBilt ...
- Offers Louisville Slugger baseball and softball bats, gloves, personalized bats,
and locker bags.
- The Batter's Box - Baseball and Softball Sporting Goods
- Discount sporting goods specializing in baseball and softball. Carries bats,
gloves, bat bags, catchers and umpires equipment.
- BallGloves.com - Baseball Bats and Baseball Gloves
- Sports Online Store carrying many brands of bats and gloves for softball.