Baseball Pitching Equipment
A Guide To Buying Baseball Bats For Kids by William Smith
Worth - The original aluminum baseball bats were made by Worth in the early 1970's. The company is still recognized for the high quality Worth bats they manufacture for little league, baseball and softball
Purchasing the correct baseball bats for kids is as consequential as the right glove, the cleats, and every other piece of equipment for the pastime. The correct bat can directly affect how your kids execute at the plate, and conversely, the incorrect bat can leave your kids struggling on the peewee team.
Regardless, ask someone how to buy the Finest bat for your kids, and you'll get the rigamarole. Some people will say buy weighty and let your kid adjust for greater power. Others will say buy extended and let your kids choke up on the grip so they can handle the additional few inches. Others will say pray to Jobu and dream he delivers the proper bat to you.
Just like he didn't cut it for Charlie Sheen and the boys in the hit film Major League, Jobu won't help if you're looking to purchase bats for kids. The key is taking in all of the suggestion from experts, and looking for consistency. In this instance, the chorus of voices says one thing: both length and weight are important.
With weight, think light. A light bat makes it easier for your kids to command their swings. Don't let those old-fashioned coaching types recite you that you require a weighty bat to deliver the hits. Kids can actually hit the ball harder and farther with a light bat because they can swing a light bat faster. If you need evidence, contemplate that the NCAA and high school rules officials have passed prohibitions on baseball bats so they cannot be 3 ounces or more lighter than the bat's length in inches.
When it comes to length and bats for kids, the rules state that Little League baseball bats must be less than or equal to 32 inches in length. Their barrels cannot be more than 2.25 inches in diameter. Of course, for kids in the 'Farm' league (age 7 to 8) you don't want to push these limits. A length of 26 to 27 inches will do.
For the Junior Minors (age 8 to 9), try 27 to 29 inches. For Senior Minors (age 9 to 12), try 28 to 31 inches. And for the Majors (age 10 to 12), you can buy a bat anywhere from 29 to 32 inches.
Rawlings Bats - Most well known for their quality baseball gloves, Rawlings today is among the leaders in bats, making professional wood bats as well as quality aluminum baseball bats used throughout NCAA and high school baseball.
William Smith lives in Florida with his wife and three cats. William writes frequently on many subjects that may be of interest to all. Discover all the joys and secrets of baseball at Baseball's Holy Grail
Article Source: http://www.articlerich.com
Baseball Pitching Equipment - external links
- SoftBall and BaseBall Equipment
- Offers softball and baseball equipment, accessories, training aids, protective
gear, videos, and full lines of clothing.
- Baseball pitching machines & baseball radar guns. New & unusual ...
- Baseball equipment and tips for players, coaches, and parents.
- Baseball Hitting Trainer Equipment Pitching Machine by HitRanger
- Offers a portable hitting machine which ejects baseballs and softballs.
- Pitching Machine, Baseball Equipment and Baseball Training ...
- Offers batting training aids, baseball pitching machines, batting tutor, catch
nets, baseball related gifts, autographed baseballs and bats.
- Baseball equipment, softball equipment, umpire equipment, gloves ...
- Supplier of baseball and softball equipment, umpire gear, accessories and apparel.
- ATEC - pitching machines, batting cages, protective equipment ...
- Athletic training sports equipment for baseball and softball. Hitting streak
pitching machines, batting cages, and protective sporting goods.
- Hit! Run! Score! Discount Sporting Goods, Sports Equipment ...
- Offers a selection of balls and gear for baseball, softball and football along
with fan apparel.
- ProMounds: Portable Pitching Mounds and Baseball Field Equipment
- Makers of Portable Pitching Mounds, Spike-Proof Turf Products and Athletics Field
- Pitching Machines for Schools and the Backyard
- Retailer of pitching machines for softball and baseball.
- Welcome to Better Baseball Equipment. We Sell: Pitching Machines ...
- Offers custom cut nylon netting #18 - 42, batting cages, pitching machines, dimple
baseballs, foam baseballs for the Hitting Streak and Pitch Master.