Baseball History Equipment
Softball Equipment For Most Everyone by William Smith
Don't be fooled by the big online stores out there who just happen to also offer softball related products. Choose a store where all they do is softball. They play the game, they understand the game, and they use the products that they sell from their store or website. For all of your softball needs, look no further than the experts in softball, softball specialty stores or websites.
Part of any good ball club's softball paraphernalia repertoire should be a training manual that players are required to read themselves, as well as read it as group where every one is able to practice out loud the concepts that are being put forth.
Regardless of how well the softball equipment a league is accessing is maintained, and even if it is the finest, such as quality gloves, bats and other gear, the team should possess a good resource for learning the skills of the ages of the sport, as brought only through the cautious study and compilation by experts.
There are numerous books out there to find, and each would have something of value to propose. One absorbing such publication is entitled Baseball Intellect by Larry Downes and D. Bruce Gilbert. In the book, tips on how to hit are revealed, which are as valuable or more to any player and should be included in the list of items of your softball equipment needs.
Downes and Gilbert offer some superior and concise hitting tips, such as the following: In an effort to increase the power of his swing, the hitter will strive for maximum arm extension. If properly executed, the hitter will form "the hitting triangle" just after contact.
The triangle constitutes both arms fully extended toward the bat and the hitter's head tucked between his shoulders. Keeping this and other items in the repertoire of your teams softball equipment will certify a powerful season of wins!
Please remember The Amateur Softball Association (ASA) has taken great strides to protect the integrity of the sport. Each year, the ASA's equipment testing and specifications committee examines the current rules and specifications governing various items of equipment. This committee makes recommendations to the ASA's council comprised of ASA commissioners, select youth and player representatives, umpire-in-chiefs, elite athletes and other affiliated members. The council is the ultimate decision maker of ASA rules and regulations regarding equipment. The (ASA) is a great organization for all and with your interest in mind.
William Smith lives in Florida with his wife and three cats. William writes frequently on many subjects that may be of interest to all. Discover all the joys and secrets of baseball at Baseball's Holy Grail
Article Source: http://www.articlerich.com
Baseball History Equipment - external links
- Pitching Machines for Schools and the Backyard
- Retailer of pitching machines for softball and baseball.
- Baseball Almanac : The Official Baseball History Site
- Features awards, statistics, records, quotes, feats, facts, and history.
- BASEBALL-LINKS.COM: Youth Baseball
- Collection of links to baseball related sites.
- Orlando "The Baby Bull" Cepeda - Latino Legends in Sports
- A biography with photos on Hall of Fame baseball player Orlando Cepeda.
- Mr. Baseball: St. Louis Browns
- Profiles of the various teams known as either the Browns or the Brown Stockings
from 1876 through 1953. Notes that the first National League no-hitter was ...
- Jaypro Sports Equipment & Gym Construction
- Specialize in nets, posts and accessories for baseball, basketball, golf, tennis,
hockey, volleyball, lacrosse, track and field. Online order.
- Lois Siegel Baseball Girls
- Explores the private and professional lives of women obsessed with the sport they
love. Using animation, archival stills and live-action footage, ...
- University of Massachusetts - Official Athletic Site - Baseball
- Official site includes news, schedule, roster, and statistics.
- HickokSports.com - History - Rounders
- The history of rounders and a short description of the game.
- NH Historical Society - New Hampshire Baseball Quiz
- From the NH Historical Society. Fun trivia test on the history of baseball in the state.
- Baseball History
- Since 1903, the winning teams of the National League and American League are playing a championship series called the World Series.