Baseball Catchers Equipment
The Nike Baseball Gloves by William Smith
Nike baseball gloves are a somewhat new endeavor for the company, although in recent years they have grown in approval. The company offers gloves in two product lines : "Pro Gold" and "SDR", with Pro Gold being the higher end gloves selling for higher price, and the SDR gloves selling from mid to higher price. Nike baseball gloves offer a "dri-fit" finger lining designed to keep the hand cool and dry, as well as a tanning process they claim makes Nike baseball gloves available for immediate use on the field.
Nike baseball gloves are just the latest product put out by the sporting goods and clothing goliath. Nike has long been known for its sneakers, its specialty sport cleats, it workout gear, its hats, and its sports gear. Only recently, however, Nike has endeavored to apply its one of a kind take on sports to the world of baseball gloves.
The outcome is a bat that in recent years has gained in status and popularity. Their gloves comes in two different styles, Pro Gold and SDR. Pro Gold is the higher end product, which sells for usually over one hundred dollars. SDR gloves, on the other hand, price in the range of 60 to 100 dollars.
Both Nike baseball gloves come with particular features like the "dri-fit" finger lining. This unique lining is meant to keep your hand cool and dry no matter how hard you run to grab that fly ball, or how many times the batters smack a grounder your way at shortstop. Another attribute on both models of gloves is the special tanning process that Nike implements. Nike claims the tanning process makes their gloves ready to be used on the field right off the shelf or out of the shipping package. In other words, you don't have to be concerned about long breaking in processes with these gloves.
Still, if you're investing good currency on these good gloves, you will want to take care of them. Caring for your Nike baseball gloves correctly can make the distinction between a glove that falls apart in a couple seasons, and one that can span years. Your first best bet on care instructions is to check with Nike to see precisely what they recommend to protect the special tanned leather and finger lining.
One thing you positively can do for your glove is to store it in a cool, dry place when you're not using it. Heat can affect the leather, as can excess moisture. This makes the trunk of your car the last place you should toss your glove after the game. First, dry it down with a towel and let it air dry somewhere. Consider oiling your glove a couple times each season. Make sure the laces are tight. And then save the glove somewhere dry and cool like your basement.
Also consider the diamond ready tumbled full-grain leather shell is soft, supple and durable. Dual density energy arrest padding gives multi layer padding for optimal comfort and palm protection. Full grain leather palm lining for a great feel with uttermost durability. Dri-FIT finger lining features exclusive wicking fabric to keep hand cool and dry
William Smith lives in Florida with his wife and three cats. William writes frequently on many subjects that may be of interest to all. Discover all the joys and secrets of baseball at Baseball's Holy Grail
Article Source: http://www.articlerich.com
Baseball Catchers Equipment - external links
- OVER 50 BASEBALL - "you're never too old to play the real game"
- Promoting an affordable week-long fantasy-camp type fun tournament in Las Vegas
each October. Also promoting the establishment of local leagues nationwide.
- Jackson Sporting Goods
- On-line sales of sporting goods for baseball, softball, basketball, soccer, football.
- Baseball Softball Bats - Miken, Worth, Rawlings, Mizuno, DeMarini ...
- Offers pitching machines, gear, magazines and accessories.
- Collecting Baseball Memorabilia
- Article from the archive of Southeastern Antiquing and Collecting magazine.
- BallGloves.com - Baseball Bats and Baseball Gloves
- Sports Online Store carrying many brands of bats and gloves for softball.
- Baseball equipment, softball equipment, umpire equipment, gloves ...
- Supplier of baseball and softball equipment, umpire gear, accessories and apparel.
- Baseball Softball Bats, Mitts, and Gear
- Offers baseball and softball bats, cleats, mitts and accessories from Worth,
Demarini, Easton, Mizuno, and Miken.
- Welcome to Batter's Choice Sports Equipment ...
- Baseball pro shop with low prices and fair shipping.
- The Writer's Almanac from American Public Media
- Brief biographies and notable events associated with writers and particular days;
aired and published weekly by Garrison Keillor and Minnesota Public Radio.
- Baseball Depot
- Offers baseball bats by Easton, gloves from Rawlings, apparel by Bike, and
baseballs from Diamond.