Catcher Gloves For Baseball
Baseball-Coaching the Youth of Tomorrow by bill bathe
Coaching our youth is a delicate practice that needs to be taken with the kids self confidence at the heart of the teaching. These days, parents and coaches alike want to win so bad, they put undue stress on the kids that can have a negative effect.
We over criticize when we are talking to them instead of building up their self confidence. I once heard a parent yelling at his kid from the stands, "If you don't get a hit, you will not be eating dinner tonight!" Needless to say, I went up and spoke with the parent about this approach. Some people may think this is harmless, and it may have been said in a joking fashion. But think of the kid on the field who is playing in front of all the parents and friends who hears this as he is strolling up to the plate. Talk about stress and the feeling of rejection and humiliation if this kid doesn't come through.
Remember, we are building more than just ballplayers here. We are building people who are going to go out in the world someday. We are building character, pride, self confidence. We do this through encouragement and a nourishing attitude. Not through pointing out failures and humiliation.
But how do we get them to play better if they can't stand a little criticism? By encouraging them. When your kid takes a swing and misses, the first words out of your mouth should be, "Nice swing! You just missed it, keep trying and you'll get a hit!" That encourages your kid to keep trying. Not only that, your kid will be excited about trying more. This promotes self confidence.
If your kid strikes out 4 times in the game. Put an arm around him after the game and tell him he really swung the bat well and that he will get them next time. And tell him how proud you are of him for trying.
Remember these simple tips:
- Encourage them through positive reinforcement.
- Nurture them when times are tough.
- Be there for them when they need your help.
- And love them unconditionally.
Remember,help your kids out by encouragement. I can't say this enough. They will believe what they hear and if you are encouraging them all the time, they will feel good about themselves. Not only in baseball but in other things.
And also remember, be patient. They are still learning,so you need to give them time to succeed. Just keep loving them and nurturing them and the rest will fall in place.
We all have a responsibility to help our youth. They are the future stars of tomorrow, both on and off the field. However, how you coach your kid and other parent's kids, helps mold that child forever. Remember that. You are molding them forever. The lessons you teach them now will stick with them. They are like sponges and take in everything. So feed them love and nourishment and confidence and watch them grow. As they say, you have to water your flowers to watch them bloom beautifully. Same goes for your child.
Don't hesitate to put an arm around them when they have had a bad game or struck out 3 times. Encourage them and love them. And remember, they are learning lessons in life by playing the game of baseball, so teach them well!
Bill Bathe- former major league ballplayer who played in 1989 world series. Been coached by Eddie Matthews, Harmon Killebrew, Billy Williams, and Dusty Baker to name a few. You can learn more by visiting http://www.pro-baseball-drills-and-equipment.com which provides tips, advice, drills, equipment and video analysis of your swing. Also, inspirational stories and pictures of the journey to the big leagues.
Article Source: http://www.articlerich.com
Catcher Gloves For Baseball - external links
- Baseball Depot
- Offers baseball bats by Easton, gloves from Rawlings, apparel by Bike, and
baseballs from Diamond.
- The Batter's Box - Baseball and Softball Sporting Goods
- Discount sporting goods specializing in baseball and softball. Carries bats,
gloves, bat bags, catchers and umpires equipment.
- Kelley USA Baseball
- The Sandalady Baseball Glove Repair and Baseball Glove Conditioner
- Tips on choosing, buying, breaking in, and caring for baseball gloves.
- Welcome to Western Athletic Supply
- Offers baseball and softball equipment, bats, balls, gloves, uniforms, and field
and practice gear from Easton, Rawlings, Mizuno and Wilson. Free catalog.
- Baseball Gloves and Mitts Custom Made or Repaired
- Custom softball and baseball gloves made in USA, and repairs.
- BallGloves.com - Baseball Bats and Baseball Gloves
- Sports Online Store carrying many brands of bats and gloves for softball.
- Guerrero Gloves
- Offers professional handcrafted baseball gloves for all positions, including
catcher and first baseman mitts.
- Personalized, Handcrafted PRO Baseball Gloves, Baseball Mitts ...
- Offers custom made baseball gloves which can be personalized and made in various
- + YENNACO CUSTOM GLOVES + handmade custom baseball gloves gloves
- Manufacturer of baseball, softball, batting gloves and apparel for all ages with
custom colors and embroidering.