Baseball Field Equipment
Discount Baseball Bats by Barbara Moore
Everyone loves to save money, but compromising quality and your personal performance for the sake of a saving a little cash just doesn't make sense.
For many athletes, choosing discount baseball bats can be a strike out.
This is not to say that you can't find a deal on a good quality bat. Just make sure you're buying the best when you buy discount baseball bats. It's entirely possible to get the same quality and top-notch selection from a discount wholesale or online vendor, as you would find at an expensive sporting goods store or specialty shop. The key for consumers is to be able to acknowledge quality bats among the sea of so-so equipment available on the market.
Buying a baseball bat is a very personal process. You need to give your choice of bat the same consideration that you would when choosing golf clubs. The bat you choose should be the right fit for your particular arm length, grip, height and style of swing. You wouldn't pick a driver at random and expect to march up to the tee and land a hole-in-one. You would make sure that your driver has the right feel to meet your sweet spot and help you land the ball at 300 yards. The same rule holds true for baseball bats. You want the bat that will let you step up to the plate and drive the ball right over the center field fence.
Aside from your personal requirements, consider the barrel size of the discount baseball bats you're shopping for. The barrel size involves the top part of the bat, and incorporates measurements of both the barrel diameter and the barrel length. A longer barrel will help you find your sweet spot on the bat. The general rule of thumb is; a longer barrel delivers a larger sweet spot. However, common practice shows that many players tend to choose bats with smaller barrels and a lighter weight to provide a faster swing speed. Standard bats have a diameter of about 2.5 inches. Standard fast pitch softball barrels are slightly bigger, at about 2.75 inches.
The second measurement of importance in choosing a bat is the taper, or the diameter of the bat at its handle. A typical baseball bat has a taper of 31/32 of an inch. This size varies, nonetheless, depending on the weight of the bat. Some players claim that a narrower taper on a lighter bat allows them to rotate their wrists faster, while others insist that a bigger taper helps lessen the pain when your sweet spot doesn't connect with the ball.
Shopping for discount baseball bats doesn't necessarily mean compromising quality. You can indeed find a good deal on a great bat. Just be aware of what you're looking for and make sure the bat comes from a known manufacturer.
Barbara Moore contributes to several web magazines, on recreation tips and sports and hobbies themes.
Article Source: http://www.articlerich.com
Baseball Field Equipment - external links
- Baseball Field Design and Maintenance
- Supply a range of materials for the construction of baseball fields. Includes a
step by step construction guide.
- Sport 2000 Has Baseball, Softball, Football, Basketball, Soccer ...
- Hundreds of softball products from all major manufacturers.
- The Batter's Box - Baseball and Softball Sporting Goods
- Discount sporting goods specializing in baseball and softball. Carries bats,
gloves, bat bags, catchers and umpires equipment.
- anaconda sports - since 1978, the store of choice by coaches ...
- Online catalog and sales, offering gear for baseball, softball, basketball,
football, and soccer.
- MASA Sporting Goods-Athletic Equipment and Sports Field Supplies.
- Hundreds of items specifically designed for baseball, softball, soccer, and
athletic field maintenance.
- Baseball pitching machines & baseball radar guns. New & unusual ...
- Baseball equipment and tips for players, coaches, and parents.
- Welcome to Western Athletic Supply
- Offers baseball and softball equipment, bats, balls, gloves, uniforms, and field
and practice gear from Easton, Rawlings, Mizuno and Wilson. Free catalog.
- ProMounds: Portable Pitching Mounds and Baseball Field Equipment
- Makers of Portable Pitching Mounds, Spike-Proof Turf Products and Athletics Field
- Smith Irrigation Equipment Traveling Sprinkler Systems
- Specializing in Water-Reel traveling sprinklers and accessories.
- Athletics, Basketball Equipment, Baseball Equipment, Sports ...
- Represents institutional products for athletic, recreational, physical education
programs and equipment and uniforms. USA.