Baseball Equipment Used
Tips For Improving Your Baseball Game by Robert Michael
Because baseball is game of skill, the top athlete isn't always the better baseball player, especially if he or she doesn't possess the multitude of skills that can help them become a complete player. Baseball is a game of throwing, fielding, pitching, catching, base running, and hitting. To improve all of these areas, you must practice using drills. However, practices can be fast, jumping from one drill to another. As a player, you must always focus on getting the most out of every drill session. Don't just "go through the motions" as you will develop bad habits. Don't just go through the drills to get as many opportunities as you can. You have to focus on getting quality out of your drills. Focus on getting top form with as many opportunities you get while in practice. The following information will provide you some tips to keep in mind while you drill that will help you improve your game
Tip 1: Throwing the ball
Grip the ball with your index finger and middle along the long seams of the baseball with your thumb underneath to give support. When you throw square up your shoulders with your target, move towards the target and throw with a � arm action. Remember to follow through.
Tip 2: Fielding the ball
Make sure you have good balance by having your feet spread and get down. You don't want the ball to go between your legs. Always have your glove in front so you can block the ball and see it go into the glove. Bring the ball up to your midsection and throw.
Tip 3: Catching Fly Balls
If you're in the outfield and want to be striding towards your target, you want to be behind the ball. First, you can see the ball and secondly, you can quickly get into your stride to throw to your target. Furthermore, catch the ball above your shoulder with a bend in your elbow. That will help cushion the catch.
Tip 4: Batting Stance
Generally, you want a parallel stance with your feet shoulder width apart. Your toes should be pointed inward slightly. This will help your balance. Look at the pitcher with your head level.
Tip 5: Pitching
Focus on consistent strikes with good mechanics. This will reduce the changes or arm injury. Don't throw each pitch with the same speed. Keep the batter confused and their timing off. Learn to locate the ball inside, outside, up and down. Learn to get late movement in your pitches.
Tip 6: Base running
You always want to run in a manner to give yourself the best chance for top speed. For instance, if running more than one base, time your steps so you hit the base with your right foot as you get less arc and can keep a more consistent stride losing less speed towards the next base.
Although these tips are the tip of the iceberg when it comes to skills for playing baseball, they will help in your effort in becoming the complete baseball player.
Robert Michael is a writer for Fau Baseball which is an excellent place to find baseball links, resources and articles. For more information go to: http://www.faubaseball.com
Article Source: http://www.articlerich.com
Baseball Equipment Used - external links
- Rawlings Sporting Goods - Maker of Baseballs, Baseball Gloves ...
- Manufactures and retails competitive sports equipment and apparel for baseball,
basketball, hockey, softball, and football, as well as licensed MLB, ...
- The Sandalady Baseball Glove Repair and Baseball Glove Conditioner
- Tips on choosing, buying, breaking in, and caring for baseball gloves.
- Baseball Softball Bats, Mitts, and Gear
- Offers baseball and softball bats, cleats, mitts and accessories from Worth,
Demarini, Easton, Mizuno, and Miken.
- The Official Athletic Site, Tulane University Green Wave - Baseball
- Official site includes news, schedule, rosters, and statistics.
- Sports Media - Physical Education for everyone
- Lesson plans, tips, drills, activities and other teaching aids for the physical
- Game used bats - game used bats & sports memorabilia from Left ...
- Specializing in vintage memorabilia, game used bats and team signed baseballs.
- Little League Baseball News
- Official specifications on bat length and diameter for all ages of little league,
including statement on non-wooden bats.
- Game Used Bats and Baseball Memorabilia
- Professional model used baseball bats. Offers collection appraisals, repairs,
and restoration of used bats.
- The Batter's Box - Baseball and Softball Sporting Goods
- Discount sporting goods specializing in baseball and softball. Carries bats,
gloves, bat bags, catchers and umpires equipment.
- Collecting Baseball Memorabilia
- Article from the archive of Southeastern Antiquing and Collecting magazine.